North Coast Wine Co. Outerbound Pinot Noir – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Pinot Noir Vintage: 2019 ABV: 14% Wine Region: North Coast,
Kirkland Sangria Review: A Refreshing and Affordable Choice
Sangria, a traditional Spanish drink, has gained immense popularity around the world. Its fruity, refreshing taste and vibrant colors make it a perfect choice for a hot summer/large gathering occasion.
One such popular brand of Sangria is the Kirkland Sangria. Kirkland Sangria is a private label brand of Costco, which is known for offering high-quality products at an affordable price.
So, let’s give our review of Kirkland Sangria and why it may or may not be an excellent choice for you.
Table of Contents
Kirkland Sangria Overview
According to the bottle, this Sangria is a family recipe crafted with authentic Valencia oranges from Spain plus an array of Mediterranean spices.
This Sangria is impressive for the price! There are better Sangrias out there, but for the price to quality ratio, I’m sure this one is hard to beat. And to my surprise, the Costco Kirkland Signature Sangria wasn’t overly sweet as I had anticipated. Yet that’s a relative term since it still contains added sugar and thus can be classified as sweet.
One of the best things about Kirkland Sangria is its affordability. Get a whopping 1.5L bottle (Magnum size) for only $7.99!
As a private label brand of Costco, Kirkland Sangria is significantly cheaper than other Sangria brands in the market, making it an excellent choice for those on a budget.
Kirkland Sangria Taste Profile
Kirkland Sangria has a delightful fruity aroma and a ruby red color that is visually appealing.
As you take a sip of this crisp red wine sangria, your palate will taste the sweetness but also the tangy citrus and orange flavors. And I also tasted some cinnamon flavors that complement its hint of berries and apples – all coming together to create a slightly sweet expression of a refreshing red wine with orange and cinnamon in each mouthful!
- Grape Variety: Red table wine
- Vintage: Non-Vintage
- ABV: 6%
- Wine Region: Spain
- Flavor Profile: Orange, orange peel, cinnamon, berries, apples, and cherry
- Average Price: $7.99
Kirkland Sangria Food Pairing
Kirkland Sangria is best served chilled over ice, and it pairs well with a variety of foods. And its sweet and tangy taste complements many different flavors and textures, making it a versatile drink for any occasion. Here are some foods that you can pair with Sangria:
- Tapas: Sangria is a perfect drink to pair with tapas, a popular Spanish appetizer that consists of small dishes of food. Sangria’s fruity flavor and light texture pair well with a variety of tapas, such as olives, cured meats, cheeses, and seafood.
- Grilled meats: The sweetness of Sangria can help balance the smoky and savory flavors of grilled meats. Pair Sangria with grilled steak, chicken, or pork, and enjoy the refreshing taste that complements the hearty flavors.
- Spicy dishes: Sangria’s sweetness can also help tone down the heat of spicy dishes. Try pairing Sangria with spicy foods like Mexican or Thai cuisine for a refreshing and cooling effect.
- Seafood: Sangria’s acidity pairs well with seafood, particularly white fish like cod or halibut. The drink’s citrusy flavor can help bring out the flavors and the briny taste of seafood like clams, oysters, and shrimp.
- Fruit desserts: Sangria’s fruit-forward flavor pairs well with fruit desserts such as fruit tarts, pies, or cakes. The drink’s natural sweetness complements the sweetness of the dessert, creating a refreshing and light finish to the meal.
In conclusion, Kirkland Sangria is an excellent choice for those who want a refreshing and affordable Sangria. And with its natural fruit flavors, and sweetness level, it gives you a flavorful option. Plus, the Sangria pairs well with a variety of foods and is perfect for any large gatherings on hot summer days!
Böen Pinot Noir – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Pinot Noir Vintage: 2021 ABV: 14.6% Wine Region: California Flavor Profile: Cherry, raspberry, blackberry,
Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc Vintage: 2022 ABV: 14% Wine Region: Russian River Valley, California
The Hess Collection Allomi Chardonnay – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Chardonnay Vintage: 2019 ABV: 14.3% Wine Region: Napa Valley, California Flavor Profile:
Stags’ Leap Chardonnay – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Chardonnay Vintage: 2022 ABV: 14.1% Wine Region: Napa Valley, California Flavor Profile: Oak, vanilla,
Godeval Cepas Vellas Godello – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Godello Vintage: 2021 ABV: 13% Wine Region: Valdeorras, Spain Flavor Profile: Peach,
Félix Solís Mucho Más Tinto N.V. – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: Tempranillo, Syrah Vintage: Non-Vintage ABV: 14% Wine Region: Spain Flavor Profile: Vanilla,
Zárate Albariño – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Albariño Vintage: 2021 ABV: 12.5% Wine Region: Rías Baixas, Spain Flavor Profile: Citrus, grapefruit,