North Coast Wine Co. Outerbound Pinot Noir – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Pinot Noir Vintage: 2019 ABV: 14% Wine Region: North Coast,
Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc Review
One of the most accessible wines all over America. You can find Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc in almost every wine store, from Trader Joe’s to your local liquor and wine shop.
NZ Sauvignon Blanc has become a sensation for many US wine drinkers – well-known for being refreshing and youthful with grassy, herbaceous, and bright citrus notes. These elegant and assertive wines are produced in New Zealand’s cool climate viticulture creating a crisp natural acidity.
If you are asking for an affordable and accessible NZ Sauvignon Blanc, you will probably get one of these three recommendations: Kim Crawford, Matua, and of course, Oyster Bay.
Table of Contents
Quick Facts About Oyster Bay
- First Oyster Bay wine vintage released in 1990
- From one of New Zealand’s most renowned and most prominent wine regions, Marlborough, where Sauvignon Blanc is the most widely planted varietal and responsible for NZ’s 89% Sauvignon Blanc production
- ‘Oyster Bay’ name is from the vineyard location itself, Oyster Bay in Marlborough region
- Owned by Delegat’s Wine Estate Limited, one of the biggest family-owned wine producers for New Zealand wines
- 1st Vintage WON the Gold medal and the (coveted) Marquis de Goulaine Trophy for Best Sauvignon Blanc in the world during London’s International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Food Pairing: lighter meals, fresh Asian flavors, and seafood, especially oysters!
Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc Review
For a Sauvignon Blanc bottle of wine around $10, this is a solid wine. And for an NZ Sauvignon Blanc, particularly one from Marlborough, it has the classic citrus and grapefruit flavors that just work.
When you want a cold Sauvignon Blanc on a hot summer day, this will do the trick. Because for Sauvignon Blanc you want a drinkable, likable white wine.
Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc Tasting Notes
This Sauvignon Blanc has a classic grapefruit and pear aromas, with bright citrus notes, with stunningly aromatic tropical fruits ending with a refreshing zest.
Where to Buy It?
- Total Wine – $11.97
- Vivino – $11.99
- Target – $10.99
- Local wine shop – $9.99 – $14.99
*prices will constantly change
It’s the New Zealand wine that made NZ Sauvignon Blanc famous internationally. Now, you can also get it in most local and online wine stores around the US.
Böen Pinot Noir – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Pinot Noir Vintage: 2021 ABV: 14.6% Wine Region: California Flavor Profile: Cherry, raspberry, blackberry,
Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc Vintage: 2022 ABV: 14% Wine Region: Russian River Valley, California
The Hess Collection Allomi Chardonnay – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Chardonnay Vintage: 2019 ABV: 14.3% Wine Region: Napa Valley, California Flavor Profile:
Stags’ Leap Chardonnay – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Chardonnay Vintage: 2022 ABV: 14.1% Wine Region: Napa Valley, California Flavor Profile: Oak, vanilla,
Godeval Cepas Vellas Godello – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Godello Vintage: 2021 ABV: 13% Wine Region: Valdeorras, Spain Flavor Profile: Peach,
Félix Solís Mucho Más Tinto N.V. – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: Tempranillo, Syrah Vintage: Non-Vintage ABV: 14% Wine Region: Spain Flavor Profile: Vanilla,
Zárate Albariño – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Albariño Vintage: 2021 ABV: 12.5% Wine Region: Rías Baixas, Spain Flavor Profile: Citrus, grapefruit,