Böen Pinot Noir – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Pinot Noir Vintage: 2021 ABV: 14.6% Wine Region: California Flavor Profile: Cherry, raspberry, blackberry,
What is a Soju Bomb?
A Soju Bomb, also known as “Soju-Poktan” or “Poktanju” in Korean or “Somaek”, is a popular cocktail in South Korea that combines soju and beer. The name “Somaek” is a portmanteau of the words “Soju” and “Maekju” (the Korean word for beer).
How Make a Soju Bomb?
- 1 shot of Soju (usually 1.5 ounces)
- Half a glass of beer (typically a Korean beer or light lager). Try a Cass, Hite, OB, or Kloud.
- Fill a shot glass with Soju.
- Fill a pint glass about halfway with beer.
- Now, there are three (3) common ways to combine these
- The simplest method, which I believe has become the most popular, involves just pouring the Soju out of the shot glass and into a pint glass of beer.
- Another method is to simply drop the shot glass of Soju into the pint glass of beer and then drink it.
- Lastly, more theatrical method, involves arranging chopsticks over the top of the pint glass, balancing the shot glass of Soju on the chopsticks, and then slamming the table or the glass to make the shot fall into the beer.
When to Drink a Soju Bomb?
When dining out at a Korean BBQ restaurant, it’s common to enjoy both soju and beer. In fact it’s a great pairing with Korean BBQ.
So almost every time I’m at a KBBQ with my friends or family, I’ll usually order a beer and Soju. And typically we will mix them together which creates a Soju bomb. You can also enjoy at social gatherings like Karaoke, celebrations, and sporting events!
Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc Vintage: 2022 ABV: 14% Wine Region: Russian River Valley, California
The Hess Collection Allomi Chardonnay – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Chardonnay Vintage: 2019 ABV: 14.3% Wine Region: Napa Valley, California Flavor Profile:
Stags’ Leap Chardonnay – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Chardonnay Vintage: 2022 ABV: 14.1% Wine Region: Napa Valley, California Flavor Profile: Oak, vanilla,
Godeval Cepas Vellas Godello – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Godello Vintage: 2021 ABV: 13% Wine Region: Valdeorras, Spain Flavor Profile: Peach,
Félix Solís Mucho Más Tinto N.V. – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: Tempranillo, Syrah Vintage: Non-Vintage ABV: 14% Wine Region: Spain Flavor Profile: Vanilla,
Zárate Albariño – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Albariño Vintage: 2021 ABV: 12.5% Wine Region: Rías Baixas, Spain Flavor Profile: Citrus, grapefruit,
Clay Shannon The David Red Blend – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Sangiovese, Petite Sirah Vintage: 2020 ABV: 14.5% Wine