North Coast Wine Co. Outerbound Pinot Noir – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Pinot Noir Vintage: 2019 ABV: 14% Wine Region: North Coast,
19 Crimes Cabernet Sauvignon
19 Crimes is arguably one of the most interesting wine labels out there – a range of good sipping wines plus more interesting crime stories.
Catchy convict-bearing labels are meant to stand out on the shelves or every wine store out there. And you can actually find it on the shelves of almost every wine store out there.
The bottle itself carries a unique bit of history. And it’s no wonder why many wine drinkers are intrigued by it.
It brings a little bit of debauchery to its label. And now for its first bottle and most popular wine, the 19 Crimes Cabernet Sauvignon – well-priced and easy to drink.
Quick Facts About 19 Crimes
- A Treasury Wine Estates brand – one of the largest Melbourne-based companies and the one behind brands like Beringer, Lindeman’s, Pepperjack, The Walking Dead Wine, Sterling, Beaulieu, etc.
- Established in 2012
- California wine brand but ‘Wine of Australia’ on the label
- Imported and bottled in Sonoma County, CA, but all the wine is sourced from Australia
- Cabernet Sauvignon (along with two red blends) was 19 Crimes’ first release and still its most popular bottle to date
- But in total: 8 red wines, two white wines, 1 rose
- One bottle, ‘The Uprising,’ paid homage to Australia’s Rum Rebellion in 1808 – a portion of the red blend was aged in rum barrels for 30 days.
- Every bottle comes with a criminal record – featuring British rogues from a long time ago who received the ‘punishment by transportation’ in their bottle labels
- 19 Crime celebrates the rules they broke as well as the culture that they built.
- Collectible corks – uses 19 different corks for each of Britain’s “19 crimes” deemed punishable by exile.
- Living wine labels – download the AR app, point your phone on the wine label, and watch it come to life and will start talking to you!
- Australia was also the inspiration for the label’s crime theme – featuring criminals exiled from Britain to Australia around the 18th and 19th century
- 19 Crimes Cabernet Sauvignon features Britain’s infamous convict, Michael Harrington – best known for his daring escape attempt using a tiny rowboat
- The latest for the label – Snoop Dogg collaboration for a Rose wine, and their first California release, using Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, and Shiraz all sourced from CA
19 Crimes Cabernet Sauvignon Review
Mass-produced and well-liked by the masses, probably because of its affordable price point, genuine accessibility, and fascinating stories.
This wine is okay, just a little sweet for my tastes. It goes on pretty smooth and is fruit-forward. And you can taste plenty of oak and vanilla, maybe just a bit too much.
But again, for a wine in its price range, 19 Crimes is an okay choice. I have used it for cooking, and many people do enjoy this popular Cabernet Sauvignon.
If you’re looking for a complex wine designed to give your well-tuned palette something unlike you’ve had before, you’re not likely to find it in this 19 Crimes bottle.
But if you want an easy-drinking wine that’s affordable and accessible, and a popular one as well, this could be for you.
The wine label relies heavily on clever marketing tactics – AR app and collectible corks – but not necessarily a bad thing in this case.
Where to Buy 19 Crimes
19 Crimes is affordable and highly accessible. You can get the 19 Crimes Cabernet Sauvignon pretty much in any and every wine store. Prices should range around $10 per bottle.
Böen Pinot Noir – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Pinot Noir Vintage: 2021 ABV: 14.6% Wine Region: California Flavor Profile: Cherry, raspberry, blackberry,
Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc Vintage: 2022 ABV: 14% Wine Region: Russian River Valley, California
The Hess Collection Allomi Chardonnay – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Chardonnay Vintage: 2019 ABV: 14.3% Wine Region: Napa Valley, California Flavor Profile:
Stags’ Leap Chardonnay – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Chardonnay Vintage: 2022 ABV: 14.1% Wine Region: Napa Valley, California Flavor Profile: Oak, vanilla,
Godeval Cepas Vellas Godello – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Godello Vintage: 2021 ABV: 13% Wine Region: Valdeorras, Spain Flavor Profile: Peach,
Félix Solís Mucho Más Tinto N.V. – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: Tempranillo, Syrah Vintage: Non-Vintage ABV: 14% Wine Region: Spain Flavor Profile: Vanilla,
Zárate Albariño – WineO Mark Review Wine Stats Grape Variety: 100% Albariño Vintage: 2021 ABV: 12.5% Wine Region: Rías Baixas, Spain Flavor Profile: Citrus, grapefruit,